About My Blog...

I can't promise that I will sing you a song (although if I do it might not be out of tune...yes, I am a Beatles fan!) but I can say that I'll share some of my thoughts with you. You may or may not find what I have to say all that interesting for this is just a space where I'm free to be me.

Friday, June 3, 2011

A Hard Day's Night...

So what do you do after a long day, or rather a long week?  Sit with the family for Friday night pizza and movies.  Granted, when this family tradition first started, I was three weeks old and sitting in my baby chair in the middle of the kitchen table while my great-grandmother, grandparents and mother broke off a tiny piece of Me & Ed's linguica pizza.  From that day on, a tradition was born.

Friday night pizza and movies continues to this day thirty-yadda-yadda-yadda years later.  Tonight, instead of having pizza delivered, we opted for Freschetta pizza.  And although the days of running down to the video store are long gone thanks to On Demand and Red Box, we still "rent" movies.  On the playbill tonight Gnomeo and Juliet, one of my new favorite animated movies (considering it's not a Disney flick and I am a HUGE Disney freak...although it did pay homage to one of my favorite attractions at Walt Disney World - The Tiki Room!) and The Rite which is based on the story of Fr. Gary Thomas and his experience as an exorcist.  Both films were good for very different reasons.  Yet both are rooted in hope...in G&J the hope that true love will overcome the hate between two families while The Rite focuses on the hope and belief that love of God and Jesus can triumph over sin and the devil himself.

Well, that's enough commentary for now.

2 comments:

  1. And there is your next article!!!!!

    I was talking today to someone about our tradition and putting the blankets on the floor for our movie, picnic, that turned into our camping on the living room floor.This day has been a strange one for me. I picture in my heart that every Friday night, your Dad smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know. I think about that too. And each time we watch a horror movie on Saturday night, I can't help but remember the USA networks "Saturday Nightmares" line-up.

    ReplyDelete