About My Blog...

I can't promise that I will sing you a song (although if I do it might not be out of tune...yes, I am a Beatles fan!) but I can say that I'll share some of my thoughts with you. You may or may not find what I have to say all that interesting for this is just a space where I'm free to be me.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Chillaxin' Weekend...

Well, it was a fairly relaxing weekend. Chilled with the family and my boyfriend and appreciated just being together. Were there more productive things I could have been doing? Of course (you should see the stack of laundry spilling out of my closet to be done!) but as my family and I know all to well, life is too short and unexpected crap happens. They force us to realize what's truly important - family, friends and loved ones. They are the be all and end all. Nothing and no one else compares.

Actually, I take that back. God and faith compares. I attended Mass yesterday at my parish (which I love) and the sang one of my favorite songs "Here I Am" written and composed by Tom Booth. I had the pleasure of working with Tom a few years ago when he was a speaker for some of our youth events. But there's something that touches you to the core when you listen to it. I couldn't find a video of Tom singing it but I managed to find the audio. You can listen to it by clicking on the link below and then click "Listen Now." I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

1 comment: