About My Blog...

I can't promise that I will sing you a song (although if I do it might not be out of tune...yes, I am a Beatles fan!) but I can say that I'll share some of my thoughts with you. You may or may not find what I have to say all that interesting for this is just a space where I'm free to be me.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Holy Cow!!!

Where has all the time gone???
Holy Cow!


That's all I have to say.


While most people are chillin' this summer and taking vacations, I am going non-stop.  It's been almost 30 days since I've had the urge, desire, inclination etc., to sit here and write a blog.  By the time I get home, I just wanna veg, play a couple of games, read a book and just try not to string two sentences together.  Summer always moves into full swing for me the last week of June.  I check into Cathedral Camp (our retreat center) for six days and five nights with teenagers and other adult team for annual Christian Leadership Institute.  CLI is a wonderful experience and bears many fruits, but it's a long process preparing for it and the days begin at 6AM and end at 12AM (at least for the team).  


This year, for the first time, I was able to celebrate my birthday, on my birthday, with my family and boyfriend instead of on CLI which is where I normally spend my birthday.  Don't get me wrong, I have some pretty amazing friends on team who always make the day special, but it's nothing like being home. But since then, it's been go, go, go and I just wanna slow, slow, slow down.


Can't wait to take a little R & R, but that's going to be difficult to do since starting in August the go, go, go is going to go a heck of a lot faster.  From a regional conference during the first weekend and then leaving for Madrid for World Youth Day the weekend after that, there isn't a lot of time for stuff.  Granted, I will be going to Madrid and the group that I'm directly responsible for does not have any minors - they are all 18 - it should be somewhat relaxing.  But I won't lie, I don't get the warm and fuzzies about going to Spain...not like I did when I went to Sydney, Australia in 2008 for my first World Youth Day...but that's because Aussie was on my bucket list (and I'd love to go back); Spain however, is not.  I'm sure it will be fun, rewarding and faith-filled.  We'll just have to wait and see.


UGH!  The idea of packing for Madrid in the middle of August - the hottest month of the year - is not the slightest bit appealing whatsoever!!!


Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment